This blog is a gift from me, to my very best friend - a blog of her very own. She is about to embark on the next chapter of her life...getting married and starting a family. Though she is from Michigan, she will settle and raise her family in Windsor Ontario. With family and friends not always around, this is a great way to share the many blessings that will be coming thier way! And hopefully she can find some comfort and release in blogging and sharing her thoughts with the rest of you.
Hopefully this will become Rickie's little corner of the world -Welcome to the Hannan Hide-away!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Wedding Toast

Let's start this celebration with wine and some sweet words.

First of all, for those who don't know me, let me take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Christina, or better known as Tina, to Rickie. 

I am very honored to be standing here tonight before all of you as the Maid of Honor.   Only a handful of people in this room truly understand the bond that Rickie and I share.  It is a sisterhood that started nearly 30 years ago and have never faltered.  She is my best friend, my family....the sister I never had.  She has stood by me over the last 10 years while I married my loving husband, adopted my daughter and grew my own amazing family. 

Well Rickie....now it is your turn.  I am so excited to be standing by your side while all your dreams come true.  Tonight you look radiant and I love you with all my heart. 

Advice for the both you.  Remember that your marriage is only as good as what you invest into it.  Be sure to give it the love and respect that it deserves. Most of all, hold onto this love that you feel for each other at this moment and be sure to carry it with you every single day moving forward. 
In marriage, each partner should be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, and a enabler rather than a reformer. 

Rickie and Dan, I love you both so much.  Congratulations. 

Everyone, please raise your glasses in honor of Rickie and Dan.

Wishing you the best of everything, today....tomorrow....and always. 

Salute!

1 comment: